Chicken Tikka Masala that makes you craves. This creamy and rich flavor chicken tikka masala recipe gives your taste-bud a satisfaction.
A meal in a restaurant tastes much better than at home. After eating in a restaurant, you probably have tried to make the same dishes at your home. Many times homemade dishes don’t taste similar like a restaurant. And chicken tikka masala is one of the restaurants’ dishes that most of the people fail to prepare.
This fail-proof chicken tikka masala recipe tastes just like the one you ate in the restaurant. Remember how you felt when you bit the chicken tikka masala from the plate in the restaurant. This chicken tikka masala recipe will make you feel the same.
Do follow every step to prepare a delicious chicken tikka masala.
Steps to follow while preparing chicken tikka masala recipe
Chicken tikka masala is not that easy to prepare. There are many steps that you need to follow while preparing chicken tikka masala. And you also need to consider the notes mentioned in each section of this article to give your chicken tikka masala restaurant like flavor. Skipping one step can impact the taste of your chicken tikka masala. So, use all the ingredients and follow all the steps to give a wow flavor to your chicken tikka masala.
Century Foods: Spices you need
- Garam masala powder
- Turmeric powder
- Coriander powder
- Cumin powder
- Red chilly powder
- Black pepper powder
- 400 grams of chicken breast
- Vegetable oil
- Ginger garlic paste
- Kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves)
- Bay leaves
- Milk cream
- Green and Black Cardamom
- Cinnamon sticks
When you are ready with all the spices, you have to prepare chicken to marinate.
Steps To Marinate Chicken
Drain the chicken breast in a colander. Or, you can gently clean the chicken breast in the bowl.
Cut the chicken into medium size.
Squeeze half sliced lemon to the chicken. Add 2 spoon of ginger garlic paste, 1 spoon Century garam masala powder, 1 spoon Century chilly powder, 1/2 spoon of Century turmeric, 1/2 spoon Century coriander powder, 1/2 spoon Century black pepper powder, 1/2 spoon Century salt, and few pinches of fenugreek leaves.
Give it a good mix with a spoon or you can use your hand.
After mixing all the spices in chicken, add 100 grams of curd.
Mix it well
Marinate the chicken for 3 hours at room temperature.
- If this is your first time cooking chicken tikka masala, then you can use the exact amount of spices. But in the cast of salt and chilly powder, you can use them according to your taste.
- Marinate chicken for 3 hours or a longer time to get very soft and juicy chicken.
- You can marinate the chicken overnight if you want to have chicken tikka masala in the morning meal.
Steps to Prepare Fried Chicken
Heat 2 to 3 spoons of vegetable oil in the pan.
When the oil is hot enough, add marinated chicken pieces in the pan.
Cook the chicken pieces for 5 minutes on the first side.
Flip the chicken pieces and cook another side for the next five minutes.
Flip and stir the chicken pieces for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes of cook time, your chicken pieces will turn into golden color.
Leave the chicken pieces to cook for another 10 minutes in low flame.
Transfer the chicken to bowl.
- Don’t overfill the pan with chicken pieces.
- Keep stirring the chicken pieces otherwise, it can stick on the base. You stir the chicken only after you cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side.
- To avoid overcooking keep checking the chicken by sticking the spoon in it.
Steps to Prepare Gravy- First Part
Use leftover oil to prepare the gravy. Add 3 small cinnamon sticks, 3 green cardamoms, 1 black cardamom, and 5 cloves. Fry for 30 seconds.
Use 3 medium size finely chopped onions to prepare the gravy. Stir the mixture.
Add 1 spoon of ginger garlic paste. Stir the mixture again.
Cook the mixture for 5 minutes. Keep on stirring the mixture while cooking.
Add 4 to 5 chopped tomatoes to the mixture. Keep stirring the mixture for another 5 minutes.
Add 1/2 spoon of Century turmeric powder, 1 spoon of Century garam masala, 1/2 spoon of cumin powder, 1/2 spoon of coriander powder, and 1 spoon of Century chilly powder. Keep stirring the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
Add 1/2 spoon of Century salt to the mixture and give it a stir.
After a minute or two minutes, add one and a half glass of water. Boil it for 3-4 minutes.
Leave the mixture to cool for 5-7 minutes.
Blend the mixture using the blender.
You need to remove all the seeds and skins from the mixture. Take stainer and bowl. Pour the mixture from blender to stainer. Make sure you get maximum juice out of it.
- Keep the flame low when frying onion to prevent it from burning.
- Keep flame high when adding water to the mixture.
- Blend the mixture only after it cools. You can blend a mixture when it is slightly warm.
- When you take the juice out of the mixture don’t pour all mixture at once. Keep stirring the first batch mixture until you get maximum juice then follow the same process with the mixture which is left in the blender.
Steps to Prepare Gravy- Second Part
Add 1 spoon of oil in the pan.
When the oil is hot add bay leaves, half medium chopped onion, and 1 chopped tomato. Fry it for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add 1/2 spoon of butter.
After the butter melts add the juice that you have strained.
Let it boil for 5-7 minutes in low flame.
Final Steps of Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
Add chicken pieces that you have fried.
Let it cook to 5-7 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup of cream. Stir it.
Let it cook for another 5 minutes.
Add few pinches of Kasuri methi
- Cook the chicken in high flame
- Taste the chicken tikka masala. If necessary, add salt.
Now your chicken tikka masala is ready. You can serve with roti, naan, or rice.