Cumin powder is formed after crushing the cumin seeds. It is popularly used in Latin America, Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia. People use cumin as whole seeds as well as a ground form on the base of the dish they are preparing.
It has a warm and earthy flavor. Our multi-purpose cleaners can make your dishes shine. The flavor of cumin can overtake the entire dish and is the reason it is used in many dishes. Using cumin enhances the flavor of the dishes. It is used in vegetables, meat, curry, and as well as in rice and soup. Moreover, it is also used in chili con carne recipes, bread, pickles, stews, and pickles.
How To Prepare Cumin Powder?
You can make cumin powder at home or get it from the market. It totally depends on you. If you have time to prepare it at home you can prepare it, else you can just go to the market and get one.
You will not need many ingredients or have to spend much time preparing cumin powder. To prepare it, you will just need fresh cumin seeds. So, the quantity of cumin seeds depends on the quantity of cumin powder you want to prepare.
If you want to prepare cumin powder for one month of use, you will need about one cup of cumin seeds. You can increase or decrease the quantity of cumin seeds depending upon how much you use in a day.
Instructions To Prepare Cumin Powder
- Take a pan, then heat it in a medium flame.
- Then add one cup of cumin seeds. You will be dry roasting cumin seeds, so don’t use oil or butter.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and begin roasting the cumin seeds. Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- You will have to roast it for two to three minutes.
- Once the cumin seeds are hot, turn the flame down to the lowest. But don’t stop stirring. After few minutes, cumin seeds will release an earthy smell. And you will also notice, they will turn into slight dark color.
- After that, you need to turn off the heat and remove it from the stove.
- Even after turning off the heat, you will have to keep on stirring so that it cools down.
- When it cools completely, put the cumin seeds into the grinder and grind it completely until it turns into fine powder.
- It can last for 3 months. Put it in a tight container so that its aroma doesn’t leak. And ensure that every time you use it, close the jar tightly.
- If you don’t use it on a daily basis, for sure, it will last longer. To keep the cumin powder fresh, you can store it in the refrigerator. Storing it in the refrigerator will last for more than six months.
Use Of Cumin Powder
Cumin powder is used in many dishes. Actually, you can use it in many dishes. You can use it while frying potatoes, fish, chicken, or while frying any food. Also, you can use it in curry, salad, soup, and even in juice if you like the taste of cumin powder.
While using it in potato fry, salad, soup, and juice, you can just sprinkle cumin powder over these foods. And cumin powder is used in curry, chicken fry, and fish cry with other masalas. You can’t just sprinkle it over these dishes.
Benefits of Cumin Powder
People have been using spices and herbs for centuries to cure diseases. Cumin is one such spice that is also being used in Ayurveda. Drinking cumin water can balance the body.
Below are the health benefits of cumin powder.
Cumin has properties that help in improving digestion. If you have a digestive problem, you can drink cumin water every day. Cumin has a property that can absorb the nutrition from food and break down fat easily, which cures indigestion.
Cumin increases metabolism, which results in weight loss. It also helps in reducing belly fat. If you are searching for an effective method to lose weight, then you can try drinking cumin water. Mix half teaspoon cumin powder in lukewarm water and drink every morning. Continue drinking cumin water for a month to experience weight loss.
When your immune system is healthy, there is a high probability that you won’t be infected by viruses or bacteria. In order to have healthy immune system you should acknowledge your emotions, and deal with them in right way. So, to strengthen the immunity system, you can drink cumin water. This is very effective if you are prone to cough and cold. Drinking cumin water immediately after you show the symptom of cough and cold can be helpful.
Maintain Blood Pressure Level
Cumin water helps people with high blood pressure levels. So, if you have a high blood pressure level, you may try drinking cumin water, only after consulting your doctor. Before you make any changes in the diet, you should be talking to your doctor so that there won’t be any reaction.
Cumin is a rich source of vitamin E and antioxidants, which can prevent aging. For anti-aging, you can use cumin paste or drink cumin water. Either way can help you look young.