There is nothing more heavenly than a nice family dinner altogether. Especially during the chilly winters, these moments will warm up your heart right away. Just imagine the comfortable homely looks, loved ones by your side, and warm food prepared and ready to eat at the table. We bring you super easy recipes for dinner.
As the technologies have advanced, you will see multiple families distanced due to the same digital technology. They have joined hands for digital touch than physical touch of each other. But what can be more saddening than a family dinner table close to each other yet so distant as you stick to your digital form?
Hence, bring everyone together by sharing the familiar taste of some of the homemade recipes. These mentioned craving dishes are easily attainable.
Top Four Easy Dinner Ideas To Enjoy With Your Family
Spinach And Chickpea Curry
Spinach And Chickpea Curry is one of the easy recipes for dinner. It is a warmly spiced and creamy curry that is perfect for eating alongside a bowl of rice. It is a hearty meal and can be made within 30 minutes. This dish usually consists of potatoes, garlic, spinach, onion, chickpeas, turmeric, cumin, salt, pepper, and garam masala.
Initially, the potatoes are cooked with onion and garlic. After cooking them for a while, the cumin seed, garam masala, cumin powder, ginger, turmeric, chili flakes, salt, and black pepper are added.
Steps In The Recipe
- First, chop your onions finely and add about two tablespoons of oil. Heat them until they are light golden brown. Then, add your grated ginger and crushed garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Now, add all the spices except the garam masala. Next, add tomatoes, chickpeas, and vegetable stock. Stir and increase the heat, bringing the curry to a boil.
- After a few minutes, reduce the temperature to maintain bubbling away at a lively simmer. Again, add the frozen or fresh spinach, sugar, and salt, and simmer for five minutes.
Rice Pudding (Kheer)
It is one of the sweetest rice recipes you can share with your whole family. It is a milk-based dessert that has other ingredients, sweeteners, and flavorings added to it.
The rice grains are slowly cooked in whole milk and sugar with nuts, cardamom, star anise, and many other spices. This recipe has a creamy texture.
Steps In The Recipe
- Take a cup of basmati rice and rinse it well. Then, soak it in clean water for about half an hour.
- While the rice is soaking, take a big pan and add your whole milk. Heat it near low to medium-low heat and stir at intervals, so the milk does not burn at the bottom.
- Add the rice after draining the water as the milk starts to boil.
- Let the rice cook and simmer on low heat until they are 50% or half done.
- Now, add 5 to 6 tablespoons sugar or as required. You can add raw sugar or white sugar.
- Mix the sugar and cook the rice on low to medium-low heat.
- Let the mixture simmer as the rice is thoroughly done, then add ½ teaspoon green cardamom powder.
- Add sliced almonds, chopped cashews, and sliced pistachios. You can blanch the almonds if you prefer or just cut them raw. You can also add other varieties of nuts as per your preferences.
- Let it cook well for a few minutes, and as the rice grain completely softens, switch off the heat. Let it cool for a while before you start serving.
What else can be one of the easy recipes for dinner else than pulao? Made with fragrant rice and colorful, healthy vegetables, Pulao is a comfort dish. This wholegrain meal goes well with any other side dishes of your preferences or is heavenly.
It can be a staple dish to enjoy with your family during weekends or special occasions.
Steps In The Recipe
- First, cook your rice as usual, then steam your veggies on one side.
- Now, take a pan and add a little oil. Then, add 1/2 inch cinnamon, two nos cloves, one small bay leaf, slight star anise, a small piece of mace, and 1/2 tsp shahi jeera. Also, add green chili and onion along with salt.
- Sautee them in low heat until golden brown, then add ginger garlic paste.
- Next, take your veggies, cook them together, and saute them.
- Now add 1/4 tsp cardamom powder and 1/4 tsp pepper powder and give a quick mix.
- Finally, it’s time to add the cooked rice and mix it well without breaking.
- Let it cook for a few minutes as you close the lid. At the same time, it is cooking; roast a few cashew nuts.
- Add these nuts to your rice, and you are done serving the dish.
Perfect for winter weather and chilly days, Thukpa is an ideal meal to enjoy together. This traditional noodle soup is flavored with lean meats. Also, it is loaded with fiber and nutrients and has a low calorific value.
You can make it a mild flavor or alter its taste per your preferences to make it spicy. Furthermore, you can enjoy this dish or pair it with rice, sausages, and meat rolls.
Steps In The Recipe
- Firstly, make the spice paste. You will need chopped garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, onion, chili, and tomatoes. Mix all these ingredients and blend them well.
- Then, take a pan and add a little oil. Add the spice paste and cook for 6 to 7 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add the chicken stock and boil it. For a few minutes, let the soup simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then add the lean meats and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from the stock and roughly shred. Now, boil two liters of water in the pan, add rice noodles, and cook for 2 minutes.
- As you drain it and set aside, retake the pan and saute the carrot and capsicum (or the vegetables of your choice).
- Mix the noodles with the broth and start cooking on low heat as you add lemon juice and season to taste. Lastly, you can top this dish off with coriander.
Words Of Caution
Easy dinner ideas in Nepali cuisine include dishes like dal bhat, momos, chow mein, and aloo gobi. These meals are simple to prepare and use ingredients commonly found in Nepali kitchens. Additionally, some dishes like dal bhat can be made in large batches and served over several days, making meal preparation even more convenient. Whether you are looking for a filling and comforting meal or something quick and easy to make, Nepali cuisine has many options to choose from.
Here we end our easy recipes for dinner.