Egg masala is a delicious dish that can be served with rice or roti. It’s a spicy, and flavorful side dish that is perfect for serving when you are celebrating. Though the egg masala recipe looks simple dish, you will find many recipes online to prepare it. Some recipe uses many ingredients, and some recipes use few ingredients to prepare egg masala recipe.
However, that doesn’t mean a recipe that uses fewer ingredients is not delicious than a recipe that uses many ingredients. Each egg masala recipe has its own unique flavor.
In this article, we have listed two different egg masala recipes so that you can enjoy the same dish with a different flavor.
Recipe 1: Egg Masala Recipe
This egg masala recipe is flavorful and spicy. Also, you need to invest time to prepare an egg masala recipe. If you are not in rush, you can prepare this egg masala recipe.
- 4 boiled eggs
- 2 medium sized onions
- 3 medium sized tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 green chili
- 4 tablespoon cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/8 turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- Coriander leaves
- Chop two medium-size onions and bring them to boil for 5 minutes. You will need two cups of water. Drain the water, then add onion to the blender. Blend it until you get a smooth paste.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in the pan, and when oil is hot, fry the boiled egg. Fry eggs on all sides evenly until they turn golden brown.
- In another pan heat 1 tablespoon oil. When oil is hot, add bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves. Fry in low-medium flame until they release the aroma.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook until the raw smell is gone.
- Then add onion paste and green chili. You need to cook onion paste for about a minute or two until it turns golden brown.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes. Stir and cook until it blend with the mixture.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric powder, sugar, and salt. Mix it well.
- Cook until it releases a delicious aroma.
- Pour one and a half cup of water. Stir and cook the mixture until you get a thick gravy.
- Add fried eggs. Let the egg sit in the gravy for 4 minutes in low flame. Add chopped coriander leaves. Stir in the interval.
- Then add cream and allow it to cook for a minute.
- Transfer it to the bowl.
Recipe 2: Egg Masala Recipe
This recipe is a little different than recipe one. The cooking process of this egg masala recipe is very different from the previous one. And this recipe requires more ingredients than a precious recipe. So, read all the ingredients and don’t miss one.
- Boiled eggs- 4
- Chili powder- 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder- 2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder- 2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped onion- 1 medium sized
- Finely chopped tomatoes- 2 medium sized
- Chopped ginger- 1 teaspoon
- Chopped garlic- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves- 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves – 6 leaves
- Hing- 1/2 teaspoon
- Methi seeds- 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
- In a bowl take 4 boiled eggs. Add 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon red chili powder, 1/2 turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, and salt according to the taste.
- Rub all the spices on the eggs. Ensure that each egg is coated with all the spices. You can use your hand so that you can evenly coat the eggs.
- In a pan, add 1 tablespoon oil. Heat it in a low-medium flame. Fry the eggs until they turn golden brown on all the sides. Keep stirring in the interval so that you don’t burn only one size. Transfer it to the plate.
- In the same pan, add one and a half teaspoons of oil. Add cumin seeds. Fry it for few seconds.
- Then add finely chopped onion and green chili. Stir and fry until the onion turns golden brown.
- After that you need to add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon red chili powder, chopped ginger, chopped garlic, and salt according to the taste. Fry all the spices for few minutes.
- Pour one cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil. You will have to boil it for 2 minutes.
- After water simmer, add finely chopped tomatoes. Allow tomatoes to cook for 3 to four minutes. Keep stirring the mixture.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- After the mixture reaches room temperature, transfer it to the grinder. Grind it to get perfect gravy.
- Transfer the gravy to the pan and heat it in low, medium flame. Then add eggs. Stir the eggs and allow them to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves. Mix it well
- In another pan, add one teaspoon oil. Add hing, mustard seeds, methi seeds, and curry leaves. Fry and stir it for few seconds in medium flame.
- Pour it in the pan with curry. Mix it well.
- Transfer it to the bowl. It’s ready to be served.
You can serve it with roti, jeera rice, or naan.
Click the link to learn to prepare Kaju Paneer Masala.