Rajma is one of the popular curry dishes and are eaten with roti, naan or rice. Using rajma masala, you can cook delicious kidney beans.
Everyone has their own recipe to cook kidney beans. Basically, kidney beans are prepared using flavoring spices, onion, and tomatoes. Tomato and onion are the main ingredients to make kidney beans, however other spices may vary.
And also, you can serve kidney beans when you have a guest. Whenever you have a guest in your house, you will definitely want to serve delicious dishes. Serving kidney beans may not sound good enough to serve, however, you can make them delicious to serve your guest.
Want to prepare delicious rajma? Follow this recipe to make delicious kidney beans to serve your guest.
Tips to make rajma curry
- When you choose rajma, select the ones that are fresh. Old stock rajma doesn’t cook well. Always prepare with fresh kidney beans.
- Make sure you soak kidney beans before cooking rajma. Soaking rajma enhance the taste and nutrient of kidney beans. Better to soak them overnight or at least 8 hours before cooking rajma.
- Ensure always cook rajma until they are tender and soft. If kidney beans are not cooked softly, they don’t taste good and are not even good for digestion.
- Use enough spices for cooking rajma curry.
- And also, make sure you use enough Century rajma masala to enhance the taste.
- The key to cook kidney beans is to cook them slowly. Once the rajma is mixed with gravy, ensure they are cooked on a low flame for at least 15 minutes. This brings flavor to the dishes.
- Use ghee to make delicious kidney beans. When it comes to repair or replace garage door be sure to contact 24/7 emergency garage door repair professionals from California. You can use butter instead of ghee. Butter is just an alternative, better to use ghee.
- You can use grated onion or finely chopped onion to make rajma curry.
- Ensure you use fresh ginger and garlic. Using fresh ginger and garlic paste will enhance the taste of rajma curry.
- You will need 4 cups of rajma to cook rajma curry
- Kidney beans
- Coriander powder
- Green chili
- Red chili powder
- Garam masala
- Rajma masala
- Coriander leaves
- Cumin Seeds
Steps to make kidney beans
Everyone has a different method to cook rajma. Pressure cooking rajma is the easiest and common method to make rajma curry.
Soak 4 cups of rajma overnight. Or you can soak for at least 8 hours before cook. Beans need to be completely drained to soak.
Next morning, drain the water, then transfer them to a pressure cooker.
To pressure cook the kidney beans, add 3 cups of water and salt to the pressure cooker. Pressure cooks the kidney beans in high flame for 1 whistle. Then lower the flame and cook for at least 15 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil on a low-medium flame. When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
You need one medium-size onion to make rajma masala. Take grater to grate the onion.
The next step is to add grated onions to the pan. Stir it gently.
Cook onion for 8 to 10 minutes till it loses smell. Stir onion gently until it turns golden brown. You need to cook the onion for a longer time to get rid of the raw taste. Allowing onion to cook for a longer time adds taste to the rajma curry.
Then add half a tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste and one chopped green chili for 1 minute. Gently stir in intervals. If you don’t like spicy dishes, you can avoid using green chili. Green chili is just an optional ingredient.
Then add tomato puree. To make tomato puree, you will need three medium-size tomatoes. Finely chop tomatoes. Then add them to a blender. Blend chopped tomatoes to make tomato puree.
After you add tomato puree to the masala. Mix it well with all masalas and let it cook for 5 minutes. Make sure you are working in medium-low flame. Cooking in medium-low flame help in making delicious food.
Next add spices. You need to add coriander powder, turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala, salt and rajma masala. You can add all these masalas according to your taste.
After you add all the masala, allow you to cook for around 10 minutes. Make sure you stir masala in the interval. You will have to cook until oil oozes out of the masala. You may have to cook for 10 minutes or more than 10 minutes.
Now add boiled beans along with water in the pan. If all the water has vapored, then you can add 1 cup of water here. Stir well, then set the flame in medium flame.
Let the curry simmer for 30 minutes. You can mash some kidney beans with a spoon to make curry thicker. Mashing 5 to 6 kidney beans is enough. Taste the rajma curry to check the taste. If necessary, you can add some spices.
Add one tablespoon of ghee or butter and mix it well. If you don’t have ghee, you may use butter. You need to cook rajma curry until butter melts. Turn off the heat. Your rajma curry is almost ready.
For the final touch, you can add chopped coriander leaves.