Flavor-rich and creamy kajur paneer masala recipe is easy to make without much preparation. This Kaju paneer masala recipe can be prepared easily at home and can be served with rice, roti, or naan.
And you don’t have to rush to the store to get the ingredients. You can prepare kaju paneer masala recipe with basic ingredients available in your kitchen.
Also, the cook time of this kaju paneer masala recipe is not long. Your kaju paneer masala recipe will be ready within 30 minutes. With minimum effort and basic ingredients you will be able to please people on the table.
Kaju Paneer Masala Recipe: Tips
- Kaju (cashew nuts) are the main ingredient so there is no way you skip it. Use soaked kaju as it enhances the texture of the dish.
- Use enough cream and butter. Be very generous when adding cream and butter to the dish.
- This recipe uses Kashmiri red chili powder, but you can also use red chili powder. You can increase or decrease the quantity of chili powder as per your preference.
- You have to cook the masala paste until it gets separated from the oil.
- Use fresh paneer as possible. However, if you are using store paneer, soak in the lukewarm water for about 20 minutes. Paneer tastes better when you do it.
- Make sure you use high-quality paneer. Paneer quality will determine the taste of the dish.
- You can adjust the consistency of gravy with water. If you are adding water, you might also have to add salt.
Kaju Paneer Masala Recipe: Ingredients
- 300 gram of paneer
- Bay leaf
- Cumin seeds
- Cumin powder
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Turmeric powder
- Coriander powder
- Coriander leaves
- Garam masala
- Kashmiri red chili
Kaju Paneer Masala Recipe: Instructions
Before we start making kaju paneer masala, there are few preparations that have to be done. So, you will need cashew nut paste, and tomato puree.
Cashew Nut Paste: Ingredients
- 12-14 pieces of plain kaju
Cashew Nut Paste: Instructions
- Soak the cashew nuts in the water for 15- 20 minutes.
- Strain the water for the cashew nuts. You can use the same water later to give texture to the paste.
- In the blender blend the cashew nuts.
- After the cashew nuts are blend completely, you can add 4-5 tablespoons of water and blend it again.
- You will get smooth cashew nut paste.
Tomato Puree: Ingredients
- 3-4 medium-sized ripe tomatoes
Tomato Puree: Instructions
- Rinse the tomatoes under running water. You can use a colander for this.
- Take a knife and make few gashes on the tomatoes for the easy peal.
- Fill a small pot with water and bring water to a boil. Then put tomatoes in it. Let it boil for 3-4 minutes in medium-low flame.
- Transfer the tomatoes from the pot to the plate. Let them cool.
- Peal the skin of the tomatoes.
- Cut the tomatoes roughly.
- Transfer them into a blender. Blend it to get smooth tomato puree
Making Kaju Paneer Masala
When you are done with all the preparation, now you can start making Kaju Paneer Masala. Follow all the instructions carefully. Try not to skip any step.
The first step is to chop one medium-sized onion and few coriander leaves. While chopping onion, ensure that you chop it into fine pieces. Coriander leaves are for garnishing, so you can chop them roughly.
Keep the chopped onions, and coriander leaves aside to use in further steps.
Now you need to chop the paneer into cubes. You can make paneer cubes as per your desire. Ensure that you don’t make it too big or too small.
Heat three tablespoons of oil in the pan for a minute in medium-low flame. Then add paneer cubes into the oil.
Stir and fry paneer cubes until they turn golden brown. Make sure each side of the paneer cubes are evenly fried. You might have to fry for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
Transfer the paneer cubes to the plate. In the same oil fry 6-8 cashew nuts until they down golden-brown.
Transfer the kaju to the plate. In the same pan, add 1 tbsp butter, 1 bay leaf, 4 cloves, 2 green cardamom, and 1tsp cumin seeds. Roast it for few minutes on medium-low flame.
Add chopped onion and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste. Cook until the onion turns golden brown.
Then add 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp Kashmiri chili powder, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/3 tsp coriander powder, 1/3 tsp grama masala, and 1tsp salt. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
After that, add tomato puree and boil it for about 10 minutes.
Then you need to add cashew nut paste. Stir it well and cook until the oil separates.
Add two tablespoon cream and fried cashew nuts. Allow it to cook on a low flame for 2-3 minutes.
Add 1/3 cup water and bring it to the bowl. At the same time, you can also add fried paneer cubes. Stir to ensure that every cube is coated with the masala.
Cover the pan with a lid and allow it to cook for 4-5 minutes on medium-low flame.
Garnish it with coriander leaves and transfer it to the bowl.